Artyom was born in 1981 in Rostov-on-Don (Southern Russia). His first teachers were Sergey Annikov, Elena Svetozarova and Leonid Reznik. Later Artyom got an excellent school at theA.Schnittke Music College and Gnesins’ Russian Academy of Music at the professor’s Nikolay Komolyatov’s class, at the Music Academy Chigiana (Italy) with Oscar Ghiglia and at theKoblenz Guitar Academy (Germany) with Aniello Desiderio. During his studies Artyom was granted by Moscow authority, International Charity Foundation of Vladimir Spivakov and“Russian Performing Art” foundation.
Artyom Dervoed was awarded with the «Golden Guitar» prize at the International Guitar Convention in Alessandria, Italy, for the best up-and-coming guitarist and has won 37 awards in a series of important international competitions in Russia, France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Austria, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Israel, Singapore, Taiwan and USA. Some of them:
- 1995, Moscow (Russia), International competition “Young Musicians” — 1st prize;
- 1996, Belgorod (Russia), All-Russian competition — 1st prize;
- 1999, Carpentras (France), International competition dedicated to Leo Brouwer — 1st prize;
- 2004, Cherepovets (Russia), International competition “Cup of North” — 1st prize;
- 2004, Ile de Re (France), International competition — 1st prize;
- 2006, Alessandria (Italy), 39th International competition “Michele Pittaluga” — 1st prize;
- 2006, Singapore, International competition — 1st prize;
- 2009, Toledo (Spain), 18th International guitar competition “H.R.H. Princess Cristina” – 1st prize.
- 2010, Buffalo (NY, USA), JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition – 1st prize.
- 2010, Boston (MA, USA), Boston GuitarFest International competition – 1st prize.
- 2010, Iserlohn (Germany), International guitar competition – 1st prize.
- 2011, Netanya (Israel), International guitar competition – 1st prize.
- 2012, Columbia (SC, USA), Southern Guitar Festival & Competition – 1st prize.
- 2012, Taipei (Taiwan), Taiwan International guitar competition – 1st prize.
- 2012, Pisa (Italy), International competition “Stefano Strata – Città di Pisa”” – 1st prize.
- 2013, Moscow (Russia), Alexander Frauchi International competition – 1st prize.
Artyom is the first Russian who won the prestigious Michele Pittaluga Guitar Competition in Alessandria (Italy) since it’s 40 years history. Also, one of the highiest awards was earned at the motherland of guitar – Spain at «Her Royal Highness Princess Cristina» competition in Toledo 2009, and again Artyom became the first Russian to win this prize.
In 2007 in Canada Artyom recorded debut CD with music of Russian composers at the world’s leading classical music label “Naxos”. Release took place in June 2008 and immediately got to the Naxos’s “Top 10 chamber music bestsellers”. “If your current budget runs out to just a single item from the Naxos Laureate Series, make this the one.” – wrote Paul Fowles from well-known English magazine “Classical Guitar”. In 2009, in Madrid, Artyom recorded his second album with music by Leo Brouwer, dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the great Maestro.
Along with the performance of solo recitals, Artyom collaborates with musicians such asAniello Desiderio (guitar, Italy), Aydar Gainullin (button accordion, Russia), Yuri Medianik (button accordion, violin, bandoneon, Russia), Ivan Pochekin (violin, Russia), Sergey Shamov(percussion, Russia), Haik Kazazyan (violin, Russia) and with many orchestras in Russia and abroad: with Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra (NY,USA), Roma Philharmonic orchestra (Italy), Philharmonic Orchestra of Conservatory named by A. Vivaldi (Italy), Staatsorchester Rheinische Philharmonie and Junge Philharmonie Köln (Germany), Beer-Sheva Sinfonietta Orchestra (Israel), State symphonic orchestra “New Russia”, Moscow City Symphony Orchestra “Russian Philharmonic”, with Ural, Volgograd, Saratov, Irkutsk, and Togliatti Philharmonics Symphonic Orchestras; with State Symphonic Orchestra of republic Tatarstan, State symphonic orchestra of Udmurt Republic, Tambov Symphonic Orchestra; with the Governor’s orchestra of Russian folk instruments (Vologda), with the National academic orchestra of Russian folk instruments named by N. Osipov, with the Academic orchestra of Russian folk instruments of Russian TV-Radio Company; with Chamber orchestras “Amadeus”, “Arco”, “Vivaldi”-Orchestra, State academic chamber orchestra of Russia, Chamber state orchestra of Small Theatre of Russia; Kazan State Chamber Orchestra “La Primavera” (Tatarstan Republic), “Sinfonietta Köln”, “Amadeus Kammerorchester Dortmund” and “Ensemble del Arte” (Germany).
In May 2012 Artyom performed double concerto by M.Castelnuovo-Tedesco in duo with outstanding guitarist of our days – Aniello Desiderio (Italy).
Artyom’s repertoire includes music from the Renaissance to works written for him by contemporary composers, as well as more than 20 concertos for guitar and orchestra.
Besides his brilliant career as a classical guitarist, Artyom devotes time to performing other styles of music, both on the classical and the electric guitar.